Top 10 Excuses for not Doing Homework

So many times, students are not able to do their homework due to many reasons. At times because of their part-time job, sometimes the extracurricular activities, sometimes students feel sluggish to start with their homework and off course there are a few who forget about their homework’s. Whatever the reason be, students often make excuses for not completing their homework on time. But the truth is, your teacher probably knows that you are lying.

Let us have a look at the ten most funny excuses for not doing homework.

  1. The first excuse that usually students use is, “someone in the family got sick and had to be taken care of, which is why I was not able to complete my homework.”
  2. The second most common excuse is, “My dog ate my homework, and he found my papers, tore them and ate all of it.” Well, teachers are quite aware of this excuse, so better not use it the next time!
  3. “Oh no, I completed all my homework last night, but by mistake, I forgot to keep it in my bag. I will surely bring it tomorrow; please excuse me today.” This excuse usually works many times, so you are not going to get caught red-handed quite often.
  4. “My computer stopped working while searching for information; I think it got some bug or a virus because of which it crashed. I have given it for repair, will bring as soon as my computers start to work again.”
  5. “Sorry, I had too much homework to do for other subjects, so I could not find enough time to complete it. I will do this today.” Your teacher will most probably scold you for this excuse as he/ she may feel that you do not give importance to their subject, so avoid it!
  6. “I am doing too much extracurricular activities lately, so it was difficult to complete my homework, can I get some extra time for this?”
  7. “I kept the homework on the dining table today morning when we were having breakfast. After which, I went to my room for some work and by the time I came back, my homework was gone. Probably my father took it to work by mistake.” Yeah, what a coincidence, your teacher will think!
  8. You tie a bandage on your right hand and say, “I was working on my homework, but then I went to the kitchen for some work and by mistake cut my finger, so I wasn’t able to type.”
  9. “While I was doing my homework, I saw a green figure staring at me from the window. I was sure it was an alien, so I went to search for my camera to click its picture. But when I came back, the alien and my homework was gone. I am sure alien took it away.”
  10. “I gave my homework to a friend for help, but he never returned it. I am so angry at him.”


Need help with your homework? Get expert writing help from Online Assignments Help.

OnlineAssignmentsHelp.com will give you quality and plagiarism free solution for homework help needs. We have a panel of professional assignment writers from Australia, UK & US. Our essay & assignment experts are committed to giving excellent skill in writing homework.